Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

advice needed

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

.•:*★jet★*:•

.•:*★jet★*:• Report 11 Aug 2007 00:27

hi i have traced back to my ggg grandfather but i can not find anything any further, he died in 1831 so doesn't put him on the 1841 census ? any suggestions thanks jet:)

David

David Report 11 Aug 2007 00:39

At this stage all you can do is search PRs & BTs on microfilms ordered from the nearest LDS family centre. It's serious stuff and not for the faint-hearted. What films you need can be worked out from records at www.familysearch.org David

SydneyDi

SydneyDi Report 11 Aug 2007 04:53

Hi Jet, If you know he died in 1831, you could try the National Burial Index, depending on the county (Coverage is better for some). For his marriage and baptism, and baptisms of any of his children, you may find them in the IGI (www.familysearch*com). I have got some in the IGI as early as the late 1600s. Depends on the parish and whether they ever moved out of the parish they were born in. Di

Paul Barton, Special Agent

Paul Barton, Special Agent Report 11 Aug 2007 05:46

Put his details on here and let us have a look for you. Presumably you have tried familysearch.org and other relevant websites? Do you know anything about him? Was he in the armed forces? Did he do anything to get mentioned in the papers? One of mine was mentioned in the Times as the ringleader of a riot!

Judith

Judith Report 11 Aug 2007 07:23

As you say you have traced back to him despite the fact his death was pre census and civil registration I take it you have already accessed parish records of some sort - his burial? the baptism of his child/children? Do you still have access to those parish registers to search for his marriage and or baptism - if you don't find these in the parish where he died take a look at a map to see the names of nearby parishes and likely routes he might have taken if he moved. If his surname was relatively unusual a surname only search on the 1841 census might pinpoint what part of the country he was most likely to have come from.

.•:*★jet★*:•

.•:*★jet★*:• Report 11 Aug 2007 09:38

hi all thanks his name was george tustin b1767 butlers marston warwickshire he married a susannah tustin b1781/91 i have checked igi and thats is all i can find, confusingly though another entry says jane? any edvice thanks jet