Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Advice needed adopted cousin

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

gary.k.

gary.k. Report 10 Aug 2007 23:50

I know that one of my cousins was adopted in 1958 just before his partents emigrated to australia i would really like to try to trace him or at least put my details somwhere in case he is looking for birth relatives but i don,t no where to start ....any suggestions please.......

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 11 Aug 2007 01:06

Also added to your messge on the records board... Hi Gary I found this info on the GRO site...http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/ Just click on 'adoption' 'Adoption Contact Register Adopted person(s) or birth relatives wishing to make contact with each other can register on the Adoption Contact Register.' Not sure if Cousins can do the same. Wish you luck Gerri x PS..Do you know his birth name? Dont give up Gary. I found my adopted half Sister. She was born 1952. ..Also...My adopted nephew found me through this site. He knew his birth name and birth Mothers name. She was my Sister! The message from him via GR came through the w/end she was staying with me!!.....he was born 1957. This was only last year.

Geraldine

Geraldine Report 11 Aug 2007 08:19

Hi Yes cousins can join the Adoption Contact Register and make an application for contact. They include... Parents, siblings, grandparents, great-grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins, nephews and nieces including half blood or by marriage. Cheers Gerry