Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

horse Jocky archives

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sands

Sands Report 10 Aug 2007 12:56

Hello i am trying to discover whether there is such a thing has a racing horse jocky archive for the 20c.. I am looking for a Arthur Cleveley a Jocky any one heard of him no nothing about him tried to google but found nothing any ideas?

Camille

Camille Report 10 Aug 2007 14:05

Sandie , you could try Googling Wikipedia British jockeys

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 10 Aug 2007 15:42

Was he a Jockey on the Flat.......or National Hunt? Reg

Chris in Sussex

Chris in Sussex Report 10 Aug 2007 16:03

Sandie from the Jockey Club website.... Q I think a member of my family may have been a jockey, how can I find out about him? A If your relative was riding or training after 1900 then we will have a record of the licence issued to him and be able to confirm that he did hold a licence and the years for which he held it. However, it is unlikely that we will have any further information, unless he was particularly successful and his achievements merited a mention in either the Flat or National Hunt racing encyclopaedias. http://www.thejockeyclub(.)co.uk/doc.php Remove brackets Chris