Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Traffic Jam on Genes???

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 9 Aug 2007 20:13

Just tried to add to a thread- when i got a great big notice telling me that there is a traffic jam on gr and a link to take me to the 1901 census.. lol has this happened to anyone else? Or is this another way of promoting sister sites and ultimatly pouring in the cash?

angelas ashes

angelas ashes Report 9 Aug 2007 20:18

I had this quite a while ago..I think its a big rush after tea when everyone starts using the site and they cant cope with it..Have patience it does get better and touch wood..not had it for a while.... Wanda.x

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 9 Aug 2007 20:28

It's a con...........GR is 'dead' now compared with a couple of years ago.........and there were never any 'traffic jams' then!! Reg

Julie

Julie Report 9 Aug 2007 20:29

Thanks Wanda, this has never happened to me before, I just thought it was amusing. x

Julie

Julie Report 9 Aug 2007 20:38

Hi Reg, thats what i thought - i Joined genes July last year and this is the first time it has ever happened to me. I thought it was funny when they tried to direct me to a sister site. Julie