Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

fredrick victor wells (army)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Garry

Garry Report 9 Aug 2007 20:16

hi im trying to find any information on my great grandfather...all i know is he was in the army in the first world war and he married faith austin, i think he was born in birmingham and his rank in the army was corpral thanks garry floyd

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 9 Aug 2007 20:20

Your best course of action is to find the marriage registration, and purchase the cert. It will tell you how old he was at the time, plus the name and occupation of his father. Reg

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 9 Aug 2007 20:23

I wonder if this might be Faith's birth reg'n.........you'd need to check with the marriage cert to ascertain her age at the time........ Name: Faith Austin Year of Registration: 1898 Quarter of Registration: Apr-May-Jun District: Aston County: Warwickshire Volume: 6d Page: 472 The same child (almost certainly) in 1901 Name: Faith Austin Age: 3 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1898 Gender: Female Where born: Minworth, Warwickshire, England Civil Parish: Curdworth and Minworth Ecclesiastical parish: Curdworth Town: Minworth County/Island: Warwickshire Country: England Registration district: Aston Sub-registration district: Sutton Coldfield ED, institution, or vessel: 19 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 85 Household Members: Name Age Alice Austin 36 b. Castle Bromwich Alice A Austin 11 Annie M Austin 10 Edith Austin 1 Emma J Austin 13 Faith Austin 3 John Austin 4 William Austin 45 Occ: Carpenter William Austin 8 All except the wife born Minworth. Reg

Debbie

Debbie Report 9 Aug 2007 20:27

GARRY what about this?? ENLISTMENT LONG SERVICE ( ALL ARMS EXCEPT CAVALRY) 12yrs with the colours Name: Frederick Victor Wells Estimated Birth Year: abt 1888 Age at enlistment: 15 and 11mths Birth Parish: Kingston-Onthames Birth County: Surrey Document Year: 1903 16th March at London Regimental Number: 4843 regiment 3rd V . Bn East Surrey wants to be enlisted for the Scots Guards let me know what you think ok regards debs

Garry

Garry Report 9 Aug 2007 20:28

hi thanks for that yes it is the same faith i have wedding dates where do i obtain the cert from

Garry

Garry Report 9 Aug 2007 20:40

hi deb i could not tell you if its a yes or no as i know nothing about him,

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 9 Aug 2007 20:45

Tell us when the marriage was.......I'll look up the GRO entry, and give you the info you need to order the cert. Reg

Garry

Garry Report 9 Aug 2007 21:08

sorry thought i had the dates all i know is they were married in kings norton

Garry

Garry Report 9 Aug 2007 21:16

yes ada wells born 1922 cissy wells george wells( not sure)

Joan

Joan Report 9 Aug 2007 21:22

Hi Garry, Do you know if they had children ? I have looked through the marriages from Jan 1919 to Dec 1925 and can't see one. Joan

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 9 Aug 2007 21:35

Ada E Wells MMN Austin OND 1922, Aston 6d/903 Reg

Joan

Joan Report 9 Aug 2007 21:37

I'm working backwards now for the marriage from 1922. None in 1922, Joan

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 9 Aug 2007 21:43

Marriage AMJ 1917 , Birmingham 6d/461 The cert will tell you his age and father's details. Reg

Garry

Garry Report 9 Aug 2007 22:02

thankyou

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 9 Aug 2007 22:06

This one's born in Kings Norton: Births Jun 1887 (>99%) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Wells Frederick Victor King's N. 6c 474 Rose

Joan

Joan Report 9 Aug 2007 22:13

Found this.... BIRTH Dorothy J Wells mmn Austin Aston 6d 928 OND 1923

Garry

Garry Report 9 Aug 2007 22:31

i only knew her as sissy i would have to ask about that one but it could well be a sister thankyou