Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Still desperately looking!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 9 Aug 2007 15:41

Posting 1891.........for ref: Name: John Fredk Grayson Age: 4 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1887 Relation: Son Father's Name: John Mother's Name: Sarah Gender: Male Where born: York, Yorkshire, England Civil Parish: St Sampson Ecclesiastical parish: St Sampson Town: York County/Island: Yorkshire Country: England Registration district: York Sub-registration district: Bootham ED, institution, or vessel: 20 Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age John Grayson 38 John Fredk Grayson 4 Mary Ann Grayson 6 Sarah Grayson 34 George Thompson 30 All b. York Reg

Dawn

Dawn Report 9 Aug 2007 15:45

Sorry to bother you all again, but I am asking for help again. I have desperately been looking for my G Grandad George Henry Grayson in 1891(on a previous thread) and after much help from people on here I have decided i'm just never going to find him. So I moved up a generation and now I can't find his mum in 1901. So if anyone is kind enough to have a look with a fresh pair of eyes I would really appreciate it. Her name was Sarah Thompson and she was married to George. They should be in York. As far as I know they never left. She was born in York in 1857 and he in York in 1861. I am also looking for John Frederick Grayson in 1901. He was born in York in 1886. I hope someone is able to shed some light on this as it is driving me mad. Many Thanks Dawn

Dawn

Dawn Report 9 Aug 2007 16:28

Hi Reg This is the family in 1891 before John dies and Sarah remarried the lodger George Thompson in 1892. I am under the impression that they went on to have two children called George and Annie but i'm not sure when. Finding them in 1901 would be a start. Dawn

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 9 Aug 2007 16:37

1901 I presume you have already seen this one Name: Mary Ann Grayson Age: 18 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1883 Relation: Servant Gender: Female Where born: York, Yorkshire, England Civil Parish: York Ecclesiastical parish: Fulford St Oswald County/Island: Yorkshire Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Education: Employment status: View Image Registration district: York Sub-registration district: Walmgate ED, institution, or vessel: 29 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 1 Household Members: Name Age Frederick E Burridge 29 Mary Ann Grayson 18 Harriet Spence 52 Ann Tarran 57 Harriet E Tarran 23 William H Tarran 56

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 9 Aug 2007 16:40

The marriage. For ref... Marriages Dec 1892 Grayson Sarah York 9d 93 Thompson George York 9d 93 Gerri x

Dawn

Dawn Report 9 Aug 2007 16:47

Hi Glitter baby - hope you are well (we met last year on the gaynor bear rally) Yes I have got that one thank you. Mary Ann was the sister that moved to New Zealand in 1910 and some kind people on here have been helping me with. I would love to know where her mum Sarah is, it is driving me mad!! She lived in York all her life and died there in 1946 aged 90, so she must be there somewhere in 1901!! Thanks Dawn

RutlandBelle

RutlandBelle Report 9 Aug 2007 16:48

Hi could this be George Henry do you think? George H Grayson Age: 12 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1889 Relation: Nephew Gender: Male Where born: Yorkshire, England Civil Parish: York Ecclesiastical parish: St Saviour Town: York County/Island: Yorkshire Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Education: Employment status: View Image Registration district: York Sub-registration district: Walmgate ED, institution, or vessel: 12 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 101 Household Members: Name Age Agnes N Butler 8 Fredk Debnam 69 George H Grayson 12 Elizabeth Neal 45 Frederick Neal 48 View Original Record View original image View blank form Save This Record Attach this record to a person in your tree as a source record, or save for later evaluation. Save Source Citation: Class: RG13; Piece: 4446; Folio: 69; Page: 18.

Dawn

Dawn Report 9 Aug 2007 16:52

Hi, yes that is my g grandad in 1901, it's 1891 that I can't find him. He was 3 yrs old and must have been somewhere but I can't find him:(