Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help needed please - Harry Collier in Surrey, Woki

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

**David

**David Report 9 Aug 2007 15:09

Hi Peeps, Could someone please help me find Harry Collier. I have found him on the 1891 census and he is married Catherine and living in Plumstead, London. On this census he is born in Woking Surrey in circa 1865. I have also found him on the 1901 census. Could someone help me find him on the earlier census please. Also if you come accross a death or birth for him that would be most appreciated. Thank you David

**David

**David Report 9 Aug 2007 15:10

Sorry, on his marriage cert his father is down as William Collier.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 9 Aug 2007 15:17

1881 is free..........have you checked it on both sites? What was his father's occupation? Reg

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 9 Aug 2007 15:22

1881...perhaps????? Frederick MILLAR Head M Male 47 Christchurch, Hampshire, England Julia MILLAR Wife M Female 44 Sturminster, Dorset, England Frederick Wm. MILLAR Son U Male 17 Plumstead, Kent, England Robert H. MILLAR Son Male 15 Plumstead, Kent, England Arthur Edgar MILLAR Son Male 6 Plumstead, Kent, England Winifred May MILLER Daur Female 3 Plumstead, Kent, England Harry COLYER Nephew Male 16 Pirbright, Surrey, England Reg

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 9 Aug 2007 15:27

1871??? Name: Henry Collyer Age: 6 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1865 Relation: Son Father's Name: William Mother's Name: Matilda Gender: Male Where born: Pirbright, Surrey, England Civil Parish: Woking Town: Bridley Manor County/Island: Surrey Country: England Registration district: Guildford Sub-registration district: Woking ED, institution, or vessel: 5 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 133 Household Members: Name Age Henry Collyer 6 Matilda Collyer 40 William Collyer 39 Occ: Ag Lab William Collyer 9 You can cross-refer father's occ with marriage cert.............. Reg

**David

**David Report 9 Aug 2007 15:27

Hi Reg, I have searched all the census and cant find him or his family on any of them. I have even tried to spell his name differently but no success. I am afraid I dont know what his fathers ocupation was. Regards David

**David

**David Report 9 Aug 2007 15:30

Oh wow, thanks Reg, I think the one in 1871 could be him. I must admit I did come accross this one but the birthplace was pirbright and I thought nothing more of it. Stupid me not looking where pirbright was. Thanks so much David

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 9 Aug 2007 15:30

If you have the marriage cert, it will include the info about his father's occupation............. Reg

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 9 Aug 2007 15:31

Living in Plumstead in 1881 explains how he met his wife!!! Reg