Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Access to trees - pop up blocker

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jackie

Jackie Report 9 Aug 2007 12:07

Is anyone having the same problem? I have been given access to three trees but when I try to get them up, a message keeps popping up that I have to either allow popups or allow them temporarily. It says that only GR popups will appear. When I click on the temporary tool bar at the top, I still can't get access. What is going on? Never had this problem before. Any advice? Jackie

TonyOz

TonyOz Report 9 Aug 2007 13:14

Hi Jackie. If you hold down 'Ctrl' button on keyboard while trying to access tree, it should (hopefully ) overide pop up blocker. Tony..:>))

Jackie

Jackie Report 9 Aug 2007 13:22

Thanks -will give it a go Jackie

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 9 Aug 2007 13:26

You need to have pop-ups enabled to view a tree on GR. It seems that a recent Internet Explorer security download may be to blame - the Google tool bar has been cited. Enabling pop-ups for this site may do the trick. Firefox works fine with no problems.

Sprack

Sprack Report 9 Aug 2007 13:38

Alot of members have this problem at the moment, just open your tree and find the shared tree you are looking for from the list in the drop down box. Jenny

Jackie

Jackie Report 9 Aug 2007 14:10

Many thanks - holding down the Ctrl key worked, although had to hold it down until the tree came up. Jackie

Alan

Alan Report 9 Aug 2007 19:56

Just add this website address to the settings otherwise you will have to hold the control button down everytime you try and open a family tree.

Julie

Julie Report 9 Aug 2007 20:00

I have the same problem, If you click on your family tree and then at the top in the right hand corner, click on other trees i have access to. It will bring up all the trees that you have access to. Julie