Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

France in Leigh, Lancashire England

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mark

Mark Report 8 Aug 2007 17:35

Bridget France baptised 10/12/1791 her mother (i believe) Anne born 14/06/1771. Anne's parents Robert c1743 and Mrs France c1747. Is this right and ifso how do i go further back on either side. Your help always is much appreciated.

.•:*★jet★*:•

.•:*★jet★*:• Report 8 Aug 2007 17:56

hi i found bridgets christening 10 DEC 1791 Bedford, Leigh, Lancashire, England jet

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 8 Aug 2007 18:00

Mark, the Bridget France whose baptism is 10 Dec.1791, Bedford, Leigh, Lancashire is a submitted record. They are often very questionable. There is also an extracted record with date 11 Dec. 1791, Astley, Lancshire, much more reliable. In both cases the mother is Ann France with no father's name given. In the same source that the extracted record is from, there's a child of Bridget France, Robert France christened 11 Aug.1821, Astley, Lancs. Again no father.

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 8 Aug 2007 18:08

There are also many submitted records for the christening af Ann France which I have ignored but this one is an extracted record: Ann France christened 15 June 1771, Leigh, Lancashire. Father Robert France.

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 8 Aug 2007 18:26

Is this Bridget's marriage? Bridget France married William Heyes 27 Jun.1825, Leigh, Lancashire. And her in 1851? Asley Green, Astley, lancashire Bridget Heyes, head, widow, 61, housekeeper Charles, son, 23, mule minder (cotton) Mary, dau, 19, steam loom weaver Isaac Unsworth, lodger, widower, pensioner Royal Artillery All born Astley.