Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Some Help Please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mark

Mark Report 8 Aug 2007 14:48

My Grandmother recently passed away and as always when that person dies you think of 1,001 questions you wished you had asked. My Grandmother Mabel Isabel Monro was the daughter of George Lothian Monro 1873-1940 and Mabel Patterson 1886-1975....The parents of Mabel Patterson i believe are John Ashfield Patterson 1853 Lynne, Ireland who moved to Liverpool and became a Gardener.his wife Adeline Isabella Miller a Servant and where my problem lies my Grandmother on several occasions gave several areas as being where her grandmother lived. She was almost 90 my grandmother. Any help or further info just ask. Thanks

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 8 Aug 2007 15:06

This is the marriage reference for Adeline and John. The certificate would hopefully give you her father's name and occupation which would help in finding her family in the census records:- Name: Adeline Isabella Miller Year of Registration: 1877 Quarter of Registration: Apr-May-Jun District: Kingston County: Middlesex, Surrey Volume: 2a Page: 460 Also on the same page is John Ashfield Patterson. Kath. x

Cheryl

Cheryl Report 8 Aug 2007 15:07

Hi Is this the family in 1891? Name: Isabel Patterson Age: 39 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1852 Relation: Wife Spouse's Name: John A Gender: Female Where born: Bristol Civil Parish: Ollerton Ecclesiastical parish: All Hallows County/Island: Lancashire Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Education: Employment status: View Image Registration district: West Derby Sub-registration district: Wavertree ED, institution, or vessel: 10 Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Agnes Patterson 5 Ernest Patterson 8 Isabel Patterson 39 Jessie Patterson 7 John A Patterson 36 Mabel Patterson 4 Percy Patterson 1 William Patterson 10 Cheryl x

Cheryl

Cheryl Report 8 Aug 2007 15:43

Hi I think her maiden name was definately Miller here is her sons Percy birth Births Mar 1890 (>99%) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Patterson Percy Miller W. Derby 8b 627 But I'm having no luck finding her on the Census Cheryl x

Pete

Pete Report 8 Aug 2007 15:57

Is this the family in the 1881 census? Name: Isabel Patterson Age: 30 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1851 Relation: Wife Spouse's Name: John Ashfield Gender: Female Where born: Bristol, Gloucestershire, England Civil Parish: Much Woolton County/Island: Lancashire Country: England Street address: Acrefield Road West Bank Lodge Condition as to marriage: Married Registration district: Prescot Sub-registration district: Much Woolton ED, institution, or vessel: 3 Household Members: Name Age Ellen Nixon 19 Visitor Isabel Patterson 30 John Ashfield Patterson 27 Occ Dom Gardener Robert W. Patterson (Image shows age as 'under 3 months')

Pete

Pete Report 8 Aug 2007 16:02

and the 1901 census. Name: Mabel Patterson Age: 14 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1887 Relation: Daughter Father's Name: John A Mother's Name: Isabel Gender: Female Where born: Lpool, Lancashire, England Civil Parish: Garston Ecclesiastical parish: Aigburth St Anne County/Island: Lancashire Country: England Registration district: West Derby Sub-registration district: Wavertree ED, institution, or vessel: 20 Household schedule number: 151 Household Members: Name Age Agnes M Patterson 15 Ernest J Patterson 18 Isabel Patterson 48 Jessie Patterson 17 John A Patterson 45 Mabel Patterson 14 Percy M Patterson 11 William R Patterson 20 RG13; Piece: 3506; Folio: 67; Page: 30.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 8 Aug 2007 16:27

So Adeline definitely seems to use her middle name of Isabella/Isabel. She gives her birthplace in 1881 and 1891 as Bristol and 1901 as Woolton, Lancs. I'd be more inclined to go with earlier census records for place of birth. UPDATE - from a pm from Mark, Adeline Isabella's father was called Robert Miller. Kath. x