Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Any further advice please re Census info

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pat

Pat Report 8 Aug 2007 09:35

I need confirmation on Census info. I'm researching a WILLIAM CROSS born abt 1863 in Birmingham, Warwicks. Found him recorded on 1871 Cen. with his family - father Thomas, mother Ann M, 4 siblings. 1881 - William is still there with his family, now 5 siblings RG/113028 page 9. 1891 - William is now married to JANE WEBB and is living in Enfield Middlesex with 4 children all born in Birmingham, Warwicks and recorded as such. RG12/1089 p 89 1901 - William and Jane still in Enfield Middx but now 9 children recorded including the 4 as recorded in 1891. Henry has left home and is lodging back in Birmingham. RG13/1274 p12 The problem is that in the 1901 Census all the children are recorded as being born in Enfield, Middx? Jane is still born Birmingham and William recorded as being born in Herefordshire? I'm sure this is the same family and the 1901 census recorder has got the 'where born' wrong. Opinions please. Has this happened to anyone else. Is it common? Thank you all so much Pat I did type the original message with paragraphs to assist, but they seem to have been omitted! - sorry.

Pat

Pat Report 8 Aug 2007 10:13

Thank you for that info Michael. Much appreciated. Pat