Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

how to find

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Judith

Judith Report 6 Aug 2007 16:32

how do you go about traicing someone who is abandoned at birth without being registered by the mother any help please

Judith

Judith Report 6 Aug 2007 16:41

Are you trying to trace the birth parents of this child? - pretty impossible I'd think unless mother later came forward Or tracing what became of a child who you know to have been abandoned? - in which case there may have been news coverage and there would have been social services (or 'Guardians of the Poor' if we are going back a long time) involvement

Judith

Judith Report 8 Aug 2007 18:05

Don't you just hate it when someone posts a question, you answer it and then there is no further message either to say thanks or to clarify what the questioner was looking for?

Judith

Judith Report 8 Aug 2007 18:35

sorry i couldnt reply as i had a family emergency to see to,the mother is known but will not give any info to where he was registered or when and here he was born any ideas on how t find any info sorry again for delay hope i didnt upset anyone