Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hot matches disappeared!! Anyone else lost theirs?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maggie in Leics

Maggie in Leics Report 19 Aug 2007 07:57

Has anyone else lost some of their hot matches? Some of mine (who still have their tree on genes) have disappeared.

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 19 Aug 2007 09:31

There was a problem reported a couple of weeks ago where a number of members had reported a big increase in the size of their Hotmatch list. This turned out to be a fault whereby certain members names were appering in the list more than once. I gather GR are in the process of fixing this so it could be that you are caught up in the middle.

Willsy once more

Willsy once more Report 19 Aug 2007 09:46

Just had a look and no problems for me Maggie. Elaine

Maureen

Maureen Report 19 Aug 2007 09:52

I had the 'duplication' problem earlier in the week but GR have fixed it now and everything seems OK this morning. Maureen

Maggie in Leics

Maggie in Leics Report 21 Aug 2007 09:23

Thanks for the replies all. Estelle says it's nothing genes has done, but having checked hot matches again today have lost another 2 pages!! Can only hope genes will identify and fix problem!! M

Linda in the Midlands

Linda in the Midlands Report 21 Aug 2007 12:53

I changed to the new version of the site, and 'lost' 80+ pages of unwanted hot matches. I'd been trying to get rid of them for ages!!

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 21 Aug 2007 12:59

I've still got 3 pages of Hot Matches but I'm sure I had 4 pages after the last lot arrived and I sorted them out, so I think I may have lost some. Since we can't get back to the old site now to check, I'll just have to hope they come back as new matches at a later date. Kath. x

Whisky Soda

Whisky Soda Report 21 Aug 2007 13:16

I have also lost some. I tried the new format and couldnt get out of the page, it wouldnt click through, I had to log out and log back in to get back to the old format. Ann

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 21 Aug 2007 13:23

I can't get back to the old format at all. Tried going in all ways but it isn't any good. Kath. x

MaryfromItaly

MaryfromItaly Report 21 Aug 2007 15:31

Yes, I lost mine several weeks ago (16 pages of them, including a lot of useful ones). I complained to Genes, but they don't seem to know how to get them back, which means I'll have to duplicate all the work I've done sorting and discarding them over the past year.