Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Is it just me - I've received 2 messages recently

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kate

Kate Report 18 Aug 2007 23:12

I suppose it's possible that they suddenly decided to give me access to their trees after months or even a year with no contact between us, but I am pretty sure I already had access to both their trees, so is GR just sending out these messages at random?

Deb needs a change

Deb needs a change Report 18 Aug 2007 23:17

Same here. Report it to GR and hopefully they'll sort it out. Deb:)

Loz From Leices

Loz From Leices Report 18 Aug 2007 23:36

It wasn't me was it Kate? :).. I went through my contacts recently and evened up access to my tree for some. I'm sure some were old contacts but there are a few pages so I can't be sure who they were. With the site as slow as it is it takes a lot for me to knuckle down and sort things on here . Loz :D

Kate

Kate Report 18 Aug 2007 23:42

No, not you, Loz.

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 19 Aug 2007 06:17

Don't just assume there has to be a glitch. It is more likely that the persons concerned have been browsing their contacts list as well and have clicked on the button to see what it does. They may even have removed access immediately afterwards, but all you would be aware of is the message you received saying that they have given you access. I know I have done this to others and they have to me.

sandbach99

sandbach99 Report 19 Aug 2007 15:12

I had a few unopened sent messages now I have updated to the latest Genes update all these messages now show opened. Now I don't know if these messages were stuck in a bottleneck somewhere or everyone has suddenly decided to read their messages

Paul Barton, Special Agent

Paul Barton, Special Agent Report 19 Aug 2007 15:13

I've had loads of them. I haven't bothered notifying GR because they never respond anyway.

Scouser from Leicester

Scouser from Leicester Report 19 Aug 2007 15:23

I've been getting that for weeks and some have been asking me why I want access to the trees with no conection and I have never asked in the first place weird Paul