Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

2 brothers marrying 2 sisters

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Simon

Simon Report 17 Aug 2007 21:11

hi i've got 2 brothers in my tree and they married 2 siters is there any way i can put them in my tree without having to put the sisters down twice as different families?? Simon

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 17 Aug 2007 21:19

Not on GR.........you can on other programs. Reg

Audrey

Audrey Report 17 Aug 2007 21:26

Hi, I also have this in my tree, and I just made a note in the notes part on each marriage that they were sisters and just put the ascendants of them on one of the sisters names.... ermm hope that makes sense!! Regards, Audrey

Martin

Martin Report 17 Aug 2007 21:27

Thats answers my question i have 3 sisters marrying 3 brothers, i also have 2 brothers marrying an aunt and Niece, This is a problem that GR should think about looking at otherwise like in my case i will have to add these families several times meaning my tree may say xxx amount in tree when there's only xx. Martin

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 17 Aug 2007 21:36

Martin GR havent got time to do things like that! They are too busy changing the carpets and curtains all the time! lol Gerri x

Heather

Heather Report 17 Aug 2007 23:32

Get a decent family tree program - GRs is useless