Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trade lists

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kathlyn

Kathlyn Report 23 Aug 2007 16:05

I would like to find out if a rellie, who was a "Master" Baker in the 1890s, is listed in a trade directory. Advise as to how to access these would be very much appreciated.

Kathlyn

RutlandBelle

RutlandBelle Report 23 Aug 2007 16:33

Hi try this site, it is really good. Just remove the brackets from around the dot.

http://www.historicaldirectories(.)org/

It is a Leicester Univesity project and absolutely fascinating

Jennifer

Kathlyn

Kathlyn Report 23 Aug 2007 16:50

Hi Jennifer,

Had a quick look through but I will have to get my head round it first. Thanks for the info though.

Kathlyn

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 23 Aug 2007 17:41

I would imagine that the library closest to the address would have trade directories.

Some library staff will do a look-up for you if you don't live near enough to visit - however some charge for this and some don't - it all depends on how interested they are I think. I have had lots of help from library staff but some people haven't had such good luck.

Kath. x