Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

what do you do?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

*****me*****

*****me***** Report 23 Aug 2007 20:56

do you re-fill your ink cartridge's or buy new? i have a photosmart printer i've tried filling the cartridge, but it's oh so messy, i get covered in ink! well all over my hands! filling doesn't seem to work to well with this printer, but with the other one i had it was ok, except the colour wasn't too good, and in the end i had to buy new.
chris.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 23 Aug 2007 21:10

Tried the refill idea once.........never again. No mess, but the quality of prints was nowhere near the quality I need.

Reg

Heather

Heather Report 23 Aug 2007 21:35

Go to quidco.com, join up - it gives you cash back for hundreds of suppliers - lots of the big names like John Lewis, M and S, Tesco, Smiths etc.

Anyway, if you go and register then enter Ink Club you can get 19 ml refills compatible with your printer for less than the same price of 5 ml ones. ON TOP OF THAT - your first order gives you £9 cash back.

Oh and they are giving free ink for Epson and some other printer - check it out.

*****me*****

*****me***** Report 23 Aug 2007 21:43

thanks Heather, i'm going to take a look now!

chris

Joy

Joy Report 23 Aug 2007 21:44

I buy compatible ones from

http://www.choicestationery.co.uk

Chris in Sussex

Chris in Sussex Report 23 Aug 2007 21:49

I have a company here that do refills, apologies just going to advertise, Cartridge World.

I have a feeling they are are a franchise operation and have branches all over the country.

I haven't used them to refill, just to buy new cartridges.

The first time I used them was when I had a problem with some cartridges I had bought over the internet and I went in to buy a new cartridge from them taking in the old ones for reference.

Having told my tale of woe to the assistant they tried steam cleaning them, before selling me new ones :) It turned out I had bought dried out cartridges over the internet ....Three of them :(

Obviously as a franchise operation the level of assistance given will vary but I am more than happy with my branch.

Chris

Heather

Heather Report 23 Aug 2007 22:01

Oh and me - when you register at quidco, look at all the deals on there - I just got my car insurance £100 cash back including free breakdown cover for the year. Ive had about £350 in cash back in the last 12 months.

Oh and on ink club, remember to tick to get the free photo paper - mine just arrived. Use the link from quidco to inkclub and they will put £9 in your cash back for being a new customer - no tricks or cons - its a brilliant site.