Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Don't need a TTFind board now, have History and Su

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

SueS

SueS Report 23 Aug 2007 22:32

How confusing is this!! We have the History board which I think is misunderstood, and now the Surname Information..... Members looking for help but there are so many different boards all full of the same sort of requests for help or tips. It's just not clear what each board is for. This is so disappointing and a right mess.

Sue

MaryfromItaly

MaryfromItaly Report 23 Aug 2007 22:42

I agree, while they were revamping the boards they could have taken the opportunity to organise them better.

They could have one board for searching for living people, one for requesting look-ups for deceased people, one for other information requests, etc.

At the very least they could state more clearly what each board is intended to be used for, to avoid overlaps.

Bee~fuddled.

Bee~fuddled. Report 23 Aug 2007 22:47

Has anyone made these suggestions to GR?

SOMETIMES they listen! (Or am I being uncharacteristically charitable?!)

Bee.

Devon Dweller

Devon Dweller Report 23 Aug 2007 22:51

oh I needed a laugh Bee lol

I feel totally lost on this site !

Ozibird

Ozibird Report 23 Aug 2007 23:08

Do you think there should be more detail on the Community Summary?

Ozi

Bee~fuddled.

Bee~fuddled. Report 23 Aug 2007 23:12

Sheila-
Are you laughing because I suggested they might listen? *harrumphs in affront*

Well, I did have a very helpful conversation with Estelle in Support - eventually after looking into my query (about why I couldn't have 12 months subs for £9.95 instead of 6 months for £7.50) she wasn't able to change things - but she did try and she did listen, so my belief that there ARE some human beings there continues.

So don't mock me!!

Bee.

PS - Tried the board-name change option - so hope I haven't confused you further!

Ozibird

Ozibird Report 23 Aug 2007 23:25

I like Bee-fuddled, that's a good one.

Ozi.

MaryfromItaly

MaryfromItaly Report 24 Aug 2007 00:04

I've found them occasionally helpful, but mostly unhelpful. I once e-mailed to ask if they could sort a problem I was having, and I got the cheery reply "you will be pleased to know that no-one else has reported this problem". Gee thanks.

Bee~fuddled.

Bee~fuddled. Report 24 Aug 2007 00:37

Glad you like the name, Ozi - I thought it was aptly descriptive of my slightly-less-than-semi- permenant state of mind, since starting this family tree lark!

Yes Mary - aren't you fortunate to be so special! Fancy that - the ONLY one to have that problem! You deserve a medal! (lol)

Bee.