Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Computer help required please!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 24 Aug 2007 15:30

My Firewall has gone, don't know how to get it back again, tried to run microsoft scan and it stopped says errors 0x80072EE2 and 0x80072EFD what is this and how can I fix it. Please make instructions simple as I am not good at computer things.

Betty

Maggie

Maggie Report 24 Aug 2007 15:34

Try restarting your computer, it might help, your firewall cant just disapear.

mags

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 24 Aug 2007 15:37

Hi Mags,
did that problem started last night so shut down computer and restarted it today but no Firewall, run microsoft scan it it says errors 0x80072EE2 and Ox80072EFD it wouldn't complete the scan stopped half way through with this message.

Betty

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 24 Aug 2007 15:39

Hi MGH,

Yes very hot today!! How do I get my Firewall back and what are these errors??

Betty AKA Complete computer idiot.

MaryfromItaly

MaryfromItaly Report 24 Aug 2007 15:43

Which firewall? Are you sure you don't mean your antivirus program? Firewalls don't scan your system, as far as I know.

Which operating system are you using? (presumably Windows, but which version?)

Maggie

Maggie Report 24 Aug 2007 15:56

Betty have checked out your error messages on microsoft pages. go to this address and it should help you.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941

Mags

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 24 Aug 2007 15:57

What leads yo to believe there is a problem with your Firewall, and which one are you using?

I don't know of anything called Microsoft scan, again, can you be more precise as to what you are trying to run. which gives you these errors?

Maggie

Maggie Report 24 Aug 2007 16:02

Peter if you go to microsoft you can ask it to do a scan of your computrer. It can sometime be better than the one we have on our own comps cos it's upto date with all the new virus's and worms that keep coming out.

Mags

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 24 Aug 2007 16:08

Mags, I wasn't familiar with this terminology. Presumably you mean their Microsoft® Windows® Malicious Software Removal Tool (KB890830)

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 24 Aug 2007 16:09

Sorry everyone, had phone call there. I run the microsoft to check if I needed any express updates or see if there was a problem as my firewall usually comes up when I switch on the computer, today it didn't and I know you should have a firewall.

Anyway microsoft scan your computer to see if your computer needs any up-to-date things for your computer. It stopped half way through and came up with message error 0x80072EE2 and 0x80072EFD.

Betty

Maggie

Maggie Report 24 Aug 2007 16:16

MGH you need to be careful what you copy and paste because of copyrights, thats why i put the page address on. Not a dig just dont want anyone getting into trouble.

Mags

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 24 Aug 2007 16:21

Hi again MGB,

This website address I will try it and see what happens ok. Sorry all the other info not sure about, too technical for me!! Sorry about this but doctor coming to see hubby thats what call was about so I may have to try and fix computer later, thanks everyone for all your help but have to go off computer just now with doctor coming in 10 minutes ok sorry everyone.

Betty

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 24 Aug 2007 16:22

I'm with it now. We are talking Windows Update problems.

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 24 Aug 2007 16:25

If you cane leave any info for later I would appreciate it, again sorry I have to go offline just in the middle of all this.

Betty