Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can anybody

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lisa M

Lisa M Report 25 Aug 2007 22:36

can anybody order someones birth and death certificate if you have all the info you need about that person i.e. date of birth/death, ref and page number and other things you would probably need to know.

Lisa

Contrary Mary

Contrary Mary Report 25 Aug 2007 23:02

Hi

Yes - if the birth or death is less than 50 years ago then you will need the exact dates, over 50 years just the reference number needed.

Mary

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 25 Aug 2007 23:12

also For the birth of someone under 50 you need their mothers full name plus the normal info

Roy

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 26 Aug 2007 08:18

Yes...I ordered my sister's various certs for her when she lost everything in a house fire
Sylvia

Lisa M

Lisa M Report 26 Aug 2007 10:24

Thank you Sylvia, Porkie Pie & Mary for your help regarding birth and death certificates.

Lisa

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 26 Aug 2007 10:56

Last year i ordered for my sis in Canada. her birth cert her hubbies birth cert ,their marriage cert and the birth cert for their daughter.
No problems at all because i had all the details..

She needed all the certs because altho she has them already they were in storage with her funiture etc whilst they waiting for their new home to be finished and she couldnt get to them, she had some legal matter to be dealt with that required all the certs. They all went to Canada in the late 1970,s.
Shirley