Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Any Glaswegians out there ?!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Marie

Marie Report 28 Aug 2007 20:12

Is there anyone with knowledge of Glasgow please that could tell me which cemetery would be nearest to Dobbies Loan ? I have a list of cemeteries, but just didn't want to have to ring them all !
Cheers
Marie x

Phyllis

Phyllis Report 28 Aug 2007 20:28

Hi Marie,
I have googled the maps of glasgow, dobbies loan id in cowcaddens area hope that helps
Phyllis

Marie

Marie Report 28 Aug 2007 20:33

No, unfortunately I still can't decide which one it is ! I think I will just try emailing the main registrars. Thankyou for taking the time to help though x

Janet 693215

Janet 693215 Report 28 Aug 2007 20:46

My great gran was born in Dobbies Loan!

Hope you find your ancestor.

Marie

Marie Report 29 Aug 2007 07:54

Aw, thankyou Janet x

Wendy

Wendy Report 29 Aug 2007 09:57

There's an excellent Scottish forum called scotlandsfamilytree,there are loads of experts there and know they'd be able to help you.

Marie

Marie Report 29 Aug 2007 12:17

Thats great thnkyou x

Margaret

Margaret Report 4 Sep 2007 07:06

Sighthill Cemetery is only a stone's throw away from Port Dundas. I, too, have rellies who lived in Dobbies Loan and worked on the Forth and Clyde canal. Failing that, if you email or call the Mitchell Library, they should be able to help you.

Marie

Marie Report 4 Sep 2007 12:09

Thanks for that Margaret,
Cheers
Marie x

daddymuzza

daddymuzza Report 4 Sep 2007 18:41

if you know the date of your relatives death date you can phone the archdiocese of glasgow 0141 226 5898 who will give you information

or else email [email protected]
with details of name age date of death of relative

although the term snail mail applies to the above