Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

miss spelt area name monahim ireland

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Debra

Debra Report 29 Aug 2007 23:02

i have a grt grt grt grandfather james casey born in 1833 ireland but some of the census have down monahim with a question mark i have typed the name on google but dosent reg so it is making it hard to find were in ireland he is from i know he is on the census in scotland as a 18 yr old as he meets his wife there so please can someone help to place him in ireland ,many thanks debs

Paul Barton, Special Agent

Paul Barton, Special Agent Report 29 Aug 2007 23:11

I have exactly the same problem. My ancestors came from somewhere that souunds like Minories but I've never been able to find it.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 29 Aug 2007 23:28

The obvious one in Ireland.......but not necessarily the right one.....is Monaghan.

What do you think?

Reg

Debra

Debra Report 29 Aug 2007 23:45

hi reggie, i think its the most likely one to try thanks for helping this might get things moving along

Sharon

Sharon Report 30 Aug 2007 00:29

Try Monaghan ;)