Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Removing permission to view trees that have no rel

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Liz

Liz Report 30 Aug 2007 10:49

Could somone please tell me why genesreunited are unable to make it possible for me to remove permission to view other peoples trees from my end. I have a long list of trees people have given me consent to view and I cannot even remember who they were about. But according to a response I got from genesreunited you have to e-mail the sender - if you can work out who that was 2 years later - and get them to remove the consent. However people often use a different name on their e-mails than they do for their family tree so you have no way of working it out.

Surely it wouldn't take too much to do this, you can delete hot matches etc so why not give us the ability to remove permission to view trees?????

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 30 Aug 2007 10:52

The easiest way is just to delete the 'contacts'.....that gets rid of all the unwanted 'stuff'.

You can't remove permissions given to you by someone else......that would mean you were accessing their records. And, conversely, it would also mean that every other GR member could access yours............

Reg