Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Advice needed

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Diane

Diane Report 1 Sep 2007 21:17

I am trying to find out whom my great grandad's William Henry STubbs, 2nd marriage was too .On his death certificate his wife is down as being Lillian J. I have found their marriage where she was Lillian J Owen. The thing is she was married before. How can I find out who she married before.

Thanks for an advice.

Libby

Sam

Sam Report 1 Sep 2007 21:19

Buy the marriage certificate - it should have all her previous names. How do you know she was married before?

Diane

Diane Report 1 Sep 2007 21:22

I only thought it would have her previous marriage name on it.

I now she was married before as my father recalls it.

Libby

Sam

Sam Report 1 Sep 2007 21:55

Well even if it does only have her previous married name on it, it will still have her fathers name on and hence her 'birth' surname.

Sam x

Diane

Diane Report 1 Sep 2007 22:05

Thats very true. Fingers crossed then.

Libby

Victoria

Victoria Report 1 Sep 2007 22:26

What year are we talking about? And what area?

Diane

Diane Report 1 Sep 2007 22:30

Not too sure this is all I know she married my great grandfather 1935, Birmingham as Lillian J Owen. She died in 1967 Birmingham aged 87. But my father said she had been married before with children.

Sorry I cant be of any more help.

Libby