Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I have opened my tree;

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 1 Sep 2007 22:30

I keep getting messages saying,

I have opened my tree; with the message is the link to view their tree

I cannot understand why anyone would want to open their tree without establishing a link,

Is it just me or is their something wrong with the system on GR

Roy

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 1 Sep 2007 22:38

You're not the only one.......I think it is caused by new members just clicking on whatever presents itself..........

I had two today.....for no apparent reason

I just delete the message..........and the contact, to keep things tidy.

Reg

Laura

Laura Report 1 Sep 2007 22:39

I keep getting the message (from contacts who I have established a link with) but without the tree actually being open.....

Laura

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 1 Sep 2007 22:46

Reggie, at least i am not alone, and i do the same as you and just delete them,

Laura, That must be frustrating for you, have you reported it to GR

Roy

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 2 Sep 2007 10:31

I don't think it is a GR problem. It is caused by members clicking on the tree buttons to see what happens.

It happens to me quite regularly, often when you go to check they have already disabled access.

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 2 Sep 2007 11:22

I got one yesterday, which i thought was wierd, because we both already have our trees open to each other.

I asked if they had sent it and they said "no"

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 2 Sep 2007 12:08

I would also add that some members don't actually realise that clicking on the tree buttons automatically sends out a message. I've also had someone who were adamant they had not sent me a message, but they had in fact clicked on the tree buttons.

There were some issues a couple of months ago after a GR software upgrade went wrong, but this was fixed within a week.