Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Scottish Marriage

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

dancingqueen

dancingqueen Report 3 Sep 2007 21:14

Hi

I am wondering if anybody could tell me how you look up a marriage in Scotland, as I am doing some research for a friend and she has told me her Great Grandparents names, but I am unable to find a marriage in England and Wales and just found out via another GR member that the husband was living in Scotland in 1901 Cenus.

They are George Bingham 1890 and Emily Platts 1882 and the only child I know of was born 1925.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Joanna

lyndylou74

lyndylou74 Report 3 Sep 2007 21:16

you can visit the pay per view scotlandspeople.gov.uk website

dancingqueen

dancingqueen Report 3 Sep 2007 21:18

Thank you Lyndylou will certainly have a look thanks, not done any Scottish research before.

Joanna

Woody's

Woody's Report 3 Sep 2007 21:36

Hi Joanna - just had a look for you but no marriage listed, sorry.

Woody's

Woody's Report 3 Sep 2007 21:38

What are George's parent's names?

dancingqueen

dancingqueen Report 3 Sep 2007 21:45

George's parents name were William 1855 and Amelia Bingham 1859 (nee Bacon). William was a Brickwork Labourer in 1901 cenus

Hope this may help. Know that William and Amelia must have moved to Scotland between 1881 and 1884 as first child I know of John Henry born 1884 in Falkirk. And another kind member of GR found the family in 1901 cenus Living at 5 Dalhousie Cottages, Cockpen, Midlothian

Thank you Woody for all your help
Joanna