Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

please help xxxx

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

rache

rache Report 3 Sep 2007 22:21

i am really struggling finding my 3xgtgrandfather on any census before 1871 any advice please fell like i'm going mad.

thankyou

rachex

Helen1959

Helen1959 Report 3 Sep 2007 22:24

What names are you looking for and where were they born?

Helen

rache

rache Report 3 Sep 2007 22:29

sorry abit slow his name is william jones born in 1844 in kenilworth. he got married in 1864 to leah harding, his dad name was richard jones

rache

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 3 Sep 2007 22:37

What was his father's occupation?

Reg

Thelma

Thelma Report 3 Sep 2007 22:41

1901(not Kenilworth)
William Jones Leah abt 1843 Fenchurch, Warwickshire, England Head Smethwick Staffordshire
William Jones Leach abt 1843 Kenilworth, Warwickshire, England Head Harborne Staffordshire
William Jones Leah abt 1844 Kenilworth, Warwickshire, England Head Birmingham Warwickshire
William Jones Leah abt 1845 Kenilworth, Warwickshire, England Head Bolehall and Glascote Staffordshire

rache

rache Report 3 Sep 2007 22:43

his fathers occupation was down a an artist. i did notice that in 1901 he put down fenchurch but on the other 2 he put down kennilworth

rache

rache

rache Report 3 Sep 2007 22:45

i do have there marriage a copy of ther marriage cert but that is useless must be the only registrar that had horriable handwriting.

rache

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 3 Sep 2007 22:52

This could be his birth:

Births Mar 1844
JONES William Warwick 16 571

Rose

rache

rache Report 3 Sep 2007 22:55

hi rose

have'nt seen that one i'm getting desperate now
thank you

rachex

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 3 Sep 2007 23:00

Can't find a village called Fenchurch anywhere.

Rose

Thelma

Thelma Report 3 Sep 2007 23:00

Well done again Rose.

WARWICK REGISTRATION DISTRICT
Registration County : Warwickshire.
Created : 1.7.1837.
Abolished : 1.4.1932 (succeeded by Warwick & Leamington district).
Sub-districts : Budbrooke; Kenilworth; Leamington; Radford; Warwick
GRO volumes : XVI (1837-51); 6d (1852-1932).

rache

rache Report 3 Sep 2007 23:01

hi rose

i might be wrong but i think fenchurch is in london. having problems with the jones side the just disappeared and reappeared willy nilly.
rachex

rache

rache Report 3 Sep 2007 23:03

thank you all

thank you so much you are stars i will order that cert and fingers crossed it will be thre right one.once again thank you

rachex

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 3 Sep 2007 23:05

Does it say his father is deceased? Just wonder if his mother remarried before the 1851 census.

I found a Richard and Mary Jones in Kenilworth in 1841 but he was a cooper.

Rose

rache

rache Report 3 Sep 2007 23:10

hi rose

no it dosn't say he was deceased dut who knows, there was not a lot of info on the cert ,the address for both of them was just atherstone, leah father was down as joseph blower when he wasn't he was her step father and the only witness signiture i could make out was joseph blower

rache