Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hot matches

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gary

Gary Report 5 Sep 2007 17:51

Nearly two weeks ago I had two pages of Hot Matches but when I tried to view each one the page that came up had no matches. I contacted the help centre and they say it is being looked into. Now I find that I have no Hot Matches at all. Am I doing something stupid or is anyone else having the same problem?

feralcat

feralcat Report 5 Sep 2007 18:06

Hi Gary,

It would seem that since GR has attempted the 'New Broom' technique, they've made a complete dog's whatsits of the site. You'll probably find that finding your Hot Matches will be the least of your problems. Blimey, we're up to version TWELVE and they are still nowhere near getting it right.

Still, they've got our money - so to hell with customer satisfaction!

One can only hope that they've saved the original software!!

SJR

SJR Report 5 Sep 2007 20:08

This has happened to me too. The Hot Matches were there in the morning gone at Lunch time. I contacted GR. They tried to blame my browser.

Sheila

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 6 Sep 2007 08:49

I think you will find that Version 12 relates to the tree screen only, not the rest of the site.....! lol

(¨*•.¸(¨*•.Pauline loving my grandson(¨*•.¸(¨*•.

(¨*•.¸(¨*•.Pauline loving my grandson(¨*•.¸(¨*•. Report 6 Sep 2007 09:03

I've had the same problem as well 2 pages of hot matches and when you try to view it came up no matches. As im a newby its all very confusing its hard enough trying to find my way around without this problem as well. pauline.