Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

About the new tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 7 Sep 2007 10:53

Is anyone having problems looking at someones tree they have recieved that is a match with you, as I can't look from birth country down after Genes changed things again on the trees.
Regards
Susan

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 7 Sep 2007 11:22

Don't quite understand what you are saying about birth country. Can you explain?

Maggie 'O the Mainland

Maggie 'O the Mainland Report 7 Sep 2007 11:23

I've just been on and there is no scroll bar on the right hand side and you cannot scroll down to see all the details

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 7 Sep 2007 11:45

Yes I see what you mean!

I get the same in Firefox, although I can see a few more lines displayed then Internet Explorer.

How strange - the browser usually adjusts for page size and puts the scroll bar in as required.

Message to GR then?

Susan

Susan Report 7 Sep 2007 13:01

Hi all I was told to go down the bottom of screen press start button press control button & press display & choose a setting lower & I did but it go to a small screen BUT it works & you can read all of your tree
Regards
Susan

Michael

Michael Report 7 Sep 2007 14:00

New Database - Advised facility to open two trees is not now available.

One of the excellent features of Genes was that you were able to view the two trees and compare easily.The inability to do this a a regressive step.It now takes 20 times longer to view ,because you have to keep reloading and re-finding the location.It is no use introducing new facilities if you take away one of the KEY facilities of a database.
The use of "Clipboard" is not a viable option - you still have to re-open the other database and relocate the person.
Not good news - please re-consider and re-introduce the facility as it was before.

Thelma

Thelma Report 7 Sep 2007 14:48

I am not sure I fully understand these complaints
From your keyboard
To see more at bottom of screen F11
To access two trees at once ctlr N

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 7 Sep 2007 15:22

Thanks Jim, for the F11 tip. I've not come across that one.

I can also use Ctrl in IE7to view multiple trees, but haven't got it to work in Firefox. It is probably something to do with the tab defaults.