Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

advice please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

dutch

dutch Report 8 Sep 2007 10:08

just got reply back from the passport office disclosure of information they cant find apassport for my dad who went to australia in 1914,they said it possibility he was inclued in a shipping list when he traveled abroad, but how can i find out i no he sailed on the ship Demosthenes july 1914 herbert morgan,any suggustions thank you
joyce

Sue C

Sue C Report 8 Sep 2007 10:35

Do you think this could be him?

Passenger lists leaving UK 1890-1960

Name: Herbt MORGAN
Date of departure: 5 June 1914
Port of departure: Plymouth
Destination port: Sydney
Destination country: Australia

Marital Status:
Sex: Male
Notes:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following people with the same last name travelled on this voyage: -
Mr Alfred MORGAN

Alfred MORGAN

Mrs Alice MORGAN

Clifford MORGAN

Edith MORGAN

Gladys MORGAN

Lewis MORGAN

Thos MORGAN

Walter MORGAN

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ship: DEMOSTHENES
Official Number: 129362
Master's name: A Robb
Steamship Line: Aberdeen
Where bound: Brisbane, Australia
Square feet: 7859
Registered tonnage: 7634
Passengers on voyage: 42

dutch

dutch Report 8 Sep 2007 10:44

hi Sue
yes i think thats my dad everything was right excepy the month it said july,he went over he paid his own fare,but i thought he would have had to have apassport and i cant find when he came back to england thank you for your help
joyce