Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Another Thomas Taylor, help please?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Huia

Huia Report 9 Sep 2007 10:20

My gt gt grandfather was, according to my grandmothers birthday book b 31 Dec 1814. He m Harriet Bickerton (spelt Bickington on the m cert, but fathers name spelt Bickerton) in St Marys church Wotton-under-Edge in Glos. on 25 July 1839. Both bride and groom were of full age. He was a Bachelor, a Weaver and lived in Bradley St. His father James Taylor was a labourer.
Thomas and Harriet had 1 child Jane, b 17 July 1841, only a few months after the 1841 census. I couldnt find Thomas and Harriet on the census but a relative found Harriet at Adrian Acre, Wotton-under-edge, aged 26, wife of T. Taylor. She was b in Glos (I have that info). No sign of Thomas. I did find a James Taylor aged 25 living in Bradley St, could be a brother perhaps. In the 1851 census James gave his p.o.b. as Bradford (on Avon? I forget which county was named). Unfortunately my Thomas died on 17 Oct 1847 so no show of finding him on the 1851 census.
I would love to know where he was born so I can carry his line further back. Any ideas where to look?