Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Am I missing something?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ann

Ann Report 9 Sep 2007 11:17

On the old GR boards there was a section "Your threads" where you could easily find any threads you had contributed to. It seems to have gone since the revamp.
Is trawling through the pages the only way to find them now?

ALSO! Its a shame the "search" facility has gone. This was useful in finding related threads.

Janet 693215

Janet 693215 Report 9 Sep 2007 11:19

Over to the left is the man with the top hat. In that box there is the My threads link

Thelma

Thelma Report 9 Sep 2007 11:19

"my threads" in yellow box,on left
PS so is search

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 9 Sep 2007 11:21

It's on the left, under Top Tips. The new searching option is there too.

There is also a new option for you to bookmark threads you want to refer back to regularly, a bit like favourites on your browser.

Ann

Ann Report 9 Sep 2007 11:35

Thank you folks....How could I have been so dumb + not notice !!
My excuse is that I haven't been online a lot so used GR much lately!

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 10 Sep 2007 23:32

Thanks for this, why is a man in a top hat an icon for "my threads"? I too have been off the site for a while, little matter of mum being diagnosed with Alzheimers - so you will find me on the Alzheimers website!

Thanks