Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

trying to find

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

clair cook

clair cook Report 10 Sep 2007 00:01

I am just starting a family tree. It would be great if anyone could help me with information. I am trying to find out about my gg-grandparents. My grandad was Harry Dickinson 1922-2001. His parents were Ernest Dickinson (?) and Gladys Thorp (?) 1894-1960. Ernest had a daughter with a lady also called Gladys Fredericks. The daughter was named Margaret who had two children Nicola and Samantha. If you can help please get in touch. xx

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 10 Sep 2007 00:12

Was your grandfather born in the Dewsbury area? If so is this his birth reference:-

Harry Dickinson, mother's maiden name Thorp
March qtr, 1922, Dewsbury, 9b, 94

If you are not sure of his parent's names then buying the certificate would tell you for certain.

Kath. x

Heather

Heather Report 10 Sep 2007 09:57

If you are tracing the tree, you will now need to purchase certificates at £7 from GRO online using the above references that people have kindly found - to follow back through the previous generation.

Heather

Heather Report 10 Sep 2007 10:13

Claire, if you want to find his parents names, the birth certificate would give that.

It gives mums maiden name, dads name, dads occupation, where the baby was born.

From that information you can trace his parents marriage (hopefully) and buy the marriage certificate which will give their fathers names and occupations etc. and you can then find them in the 1901 census - 1901 is the latest census info we have.