Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

where was my nan born

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kendra

Kendra Report 10 Sep 2007 10:39

I have a copy of my nans wedding certificate and her death certificate but I have no idea where she was born I only know the year, has anyone any idea how I can find out by using the information I have

Kate

Kate Report 10 Sep 2007 10:53

What was her maiden name and what year was she born? You might be able to find her in the Birth Index, and if she has siblings you might be able to cross-reference names with areas of the country.

Daniel

Daniel Report 10 Sep 2007 12:07

On the wedding certificate,

Where has the marriage taken place?
What is her grooms name?
What is her name and maiden name?
What is her fathers name ?
Does it say her mothers name?

On the death certificate, what is her date of birth?

With that we can look on census maybe, and BMD index, also do you remember the names of any of her siblings?

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 11 Sep 2007 00:27

Christine

How did you do that????
get her name?