Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Which Family Tree Drawing & Printing Software is B

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Graham

Graham Report 10 Sep 2007 23:13

Hi ,

I've been trying to get the genesreunited website to build my family tree but it appears just not to be up to the job!

After hours of trying I am still unable to add adopted relatives, relatives in the correct date order & then children when one parent has multimple marriges etc. I'm not new to using the genesreunited website, it's just I have a slightly less than regular family tree I need to input and draw. Plus I have this feeling that the genesreunited tool has a few hick ups!

Oo .. and don't get me started on trying to delete someone from my tree either!

So .. can any of you experts suggest which PC or MAC (OSX) software (or an online tool) will allow me to add relations of any combination and then allow me to print a tree with ease.

It sounds so simple .. the sort of thing any leading UK genealogy website could provide for their customers.

Thank you

Graham

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 10 Sep 2007 23:22

Family Tree Maker.

Or if you want somewhere online - Tribal Pages.

Kath. x

liquidamber¨°o.O

liquidamber¨°o.O Report 11 Sep 2007 02:54

Ancestry.co is brilliant for building family trees and it lets you delete, printing is a breeze and its free

ozziefran

Suein10b

Suein10b Report 11 Sep 2007 09:09

I dont know of any although there must be some for a mac.
But for pc amilytreemaker is excellent particularly for its charts.
Also very good is legacy free to download.
Sue

Ron

Ron Report 11 Sep 2007 13:24

Genbox, Family Historian & Family Tree Maker are the 3 most usefull tree making programs.

Ron
www.genealogyprinters.com

Heather

Heather Report 11 Sep 2007 18:41

Have a look at my-history website which gives a comparison of the software available - you can always email them about using a Mac with a program - or telephone - they are very helpful.

Heather

Heather Report 11 Sep 2007 18:43

www.my-history.co.uk/

Just had a look - they recommend:

Reunion Family Tree Reviews
Macworld’s buying advice 18 May 2007
Reunion 9.04 is a top-notch genealogy program. It’s beautifully designed, easy to use, and a pleasure to work with.
www.macworld.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reunion v9.03 - Family Tree Program Ref: RFT9

You can buy it from them online or by phone.

GR's tree is pretty awful. I use ftm but you will be better off getting the above if you have a MAC

Carol

Carol Report 11 Sep 2007 20:47

GR use the Family tree Maker format to show your tree.

The layout of this is pretty ugly, we do not use FTM commercially for printing trees, we prefer Genbox, it's streets in front of FTM for designing and printing trees.

Carol
www.genealogyprinters.com