Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Missing Person 2

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

liquidamber¨°o.O

liquidamber¨°o.O Report 11 Sep 2007 03:09

Can someone give me information on how I go about finding this relation, Pauline Dennis born 18th March 1944, Father Arthur George Dennis, Mother Jean Dennis.
Born Frenchgate Richmond Yorkshire

Thankyou
Frances

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 11 Sep 2007 03:46

There's one born Staincross district but nothing in Richmond.

Rose

liquidamber¨°o.O

liquidamber¨°o.O Report 11 Sep 2007 10:08

Could you let me have that one Rose please, am actually trying to find where she is, hopeless task I think, my mums half sister

Sam

Sam Report 11 Sep 2007 10:15

Are you sure she hasn't married and therefore changed her name?

Sam x

liquidamber¨°o.O

liquidamber¨°o.O Report 11 Sep 2007 10:19

I am sure she has but this all I have :(

liquidamber¨°o.O

liquidamber¨°o.O Report 11 Sep 2007 10:22

I got the info off of her fathers army records, we didn't know she existed untill 9 months ago

liquidamber¨°o.O

liquidamber¨°o.O Report 11 Sep 2007 13:25

nudge

Sam

Sam Report 11 Sep 2007 13:30

Without knowing her married name, you have no hope of finding her.

Even if you search the marriage indexes for all marriages of Pauline Dennis, I don't know how you can be sure which one (if any) are 'yours'.

Sam x

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 11 Sep 2007 13:32

I know it's the wrong area but there is this marriage for that name:-

Pauline Dennis to Barry J. Hegg
March qtr. 1965, Burton, 9B, 226

This is in Staffordshire. I thought I'd start looking for a marriage from when she'd be about 21 and this is the first page I started on. No proof it's the same person you are looking for though. You could give father's name as a checking point.

Kath. x

liquidamber¨°o.O

liquidamber¨°o.O Report 11 Sep 2007 13:40

I knew this would be a long shot, but thought I would try anyway, would be expensive just applying for marraige certs from everywhere, theres no way I can do this without applying for them is there???

Frances x

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 11 Sep 2007 13:47

No, I don't think so. You would have to order any certificates for references you found, but as you know her father's name, this would cut down the chances of receiving the wrong certificate.

If the father's name was wrong on any certificate you ordered they wouldn't supply the certificate and only charge you £3 for the search and refund the other £4.

Kath. x

liquidamber¨°o.O

liquidamber¨°o.O Report 11 Sep 2007 14:24

Ohhhhh my gosh, I don't believe this, Brenda you are a God send, I am sitting here in tears, my mum will be thrilled, thankyou so much

Frances xxxxx

liquidamber¨°o.O

liquidamber¨°o.O Report 11 Sep 2007 15:36

nudge