Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can you help me find info re Sir Alfred's Shirt Ma

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

☺Carol in Dulwich☺

☺Carol in Dulwich☺ Report 11 Sep 2007 08:29

Sir Alfred Savage is listed as being a Shirt Manufacturer, I am trying to find any information about him/this company, I believe it was in London near to Old Kent Road!

SIR ALFRED9 SAVAGE (JAMES8, CHARLES7, JOHN6, EDWARD5, EDWARD4, THOMAS3, THOMAS2, JOHN1) was born November 24, 1838 in Shoreditch,Haggerstone, East London, County of Middlesex, England15, and died March 04, 1898 in Grave # 15935 Square 17 Forest Hill Cemetery,London, England. He married (1) MARY ANN KNIGHT VINN July 13, 1861 in All Saints Church, Dist. Parish of St. Mary Haggersone, Cnty. of Middlesex, daughter of JOHN KNIGHT and MARY ?. He married (2) LUCY ANN ROBINSON August 25, 1877 in Parrish Church of Camberwell, County of Sussex1 daughter of WILLIAM ROBINSON and LUCY HARMON.

☺Carol in Dulwich☺

☺Carol in Dulwich☺ Report 11 Sep 2007 08:48

I know he is on the census, it's the shirt company I am trying to find information about, I think other members of the Savage family were employed or had something to do with this company.

Chris in Sussex

Chris in Sussex Report 11 Sep 2007 08:52

Carol

If you google

"alfred savage" shirt

As I have typed it... Some info comes up.
Chris

Chris in Sussex

Chris in Sussex Report 11 Sep 2007 08:56

Just checked the google entries and they probably don't tell you any more than you already know ...Sorry

Chris

Chris in Sussex

Chris in Sussex Report 11 Sep 2007 09:01

Carol

Another thought....Anything in Historical Directories that could help?

http://www.historicaldirectories.org/

Good luck
Chris

Keith

Keith Report 11 Sep 2007 10:09

There is a thread on Rootsweb under L for London regarding Sir Alfred Savage.
It said he was christened "Sir".
Keith