Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

New to this

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Richard

Richard Report 11 Sep 2007 21:38

HI
I am new to searching family trees. This site and some of the members have helped me to learn an incredible amount about my mother's side of the family.

On my father's side, I do not know where to start. My paternal granparents were both born after 1901 and I don't know much about them besides their names. My father has now passed away and I don't know any of his relatives. My mum doesn't know many specifics about them, just names of unlcles and aunts. Any ideas where I might get a start?
Thanks
Richard

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 11 Sep 2007 21:41

Do you know your father's date of birth? Was he the eldest child of your grandparents or if not do you know when their eldest child was born?

If you can start with this information and your grandparent's names you can look for their marriage. The marriage certificate will give you their father's names and you can look for them in the 1901 census.

Kath. x

Victoria

Victoria Report 11 Sep 2007 21:51

Hi Richard

If you post their names and years of birth if known and area that would be great and someone will have a look for you.

Kind Regards

Jane