Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Dad's in hospital - where's his family?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Paul Barton, Special Agent

Paul Barton, Special Agent Report 12 Sep 2007 23:52

Nehemiah Bacon was in the Royal Free Hospital in 1851, but I can't find his family.

In 1841 they were at 7 Brunswick Parade, Pentonville, Middlesex. In 1861 they were at 10 Waller Road Islington. In 1851 they should be:

Anne Bacon aged 41-43 born Middlesex St Martins
Ellen Bacon aged 8 born Islington Middlesex
Emma Bacon aged 7 born St Andrews, Middlesex
William Bacon aged 6 born St Andrews, Middlesex
Ann Bacon aged 4 born Islington, Middlesex

UrbanGirl

UrbanGirl Report 13 Sep 2007 02:00

Hello Paul,

Your family are a bit of a puzzler aren't they.

i had a look but couldn't find them. I looked to see if they were with her parents but couldn't find them with any IRONS family. I looked up Frank
and Mary Anne as on the 1841 census but with no luck. I tried different spelling and wild cards but couldn't find anything even close to a match sorry.

I hope someone else has better luck for you.

Regards Louisa

UrbanGirl

UrbanGirl Report 13 Sep 2007 02:03

Just a thought Paul,

Ann is on the 1841 census with Nehemiah but under her maiden name. Do you think that Ann and the children may have been staying with the first wifes parents while he was in hospital. i know it's a long shot but stranger things have happened.

Regards Louisa

Paul Barton, Special Agent

Paul Barton, Special Agent Report 13 Sep 2007 19:37

That's an interesting thought Louisa. Unfortunately I don't know their surname so that's a non-starter.

Anne

Anne Report 14 Sep 2007 21:08

I think it's possible that the family are on a page that has been missed when being transcribed and/or indexed. It could be worth going through the Census images, in possible areas, one by one, it would take a long time though. Hope you find them.