Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can anyone help me ?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tony

Tony Report 13 Sep 2007 13:39

I have a missing relative. She appears on the 1901 census aged 2, but I can't find her birth details. It's a narrow window of search, since she apparently had 3yo and new born siblings. Is it possible that her birth was never registered ? Or that records have been lost ?

Sam

Sam Report 13 Sep 2007 13:46

Give us her name and where she was from, I'm sure someone will find her.

She should be registered as fines were imposed for non-registration but it is possible that she was missed off the list that was sent to the GRO, in which case you could try the local register office.

Sam x

Tony

Tony Report 13 Sep 2007 13:50

Sam
She is Harriet A French, age 2 on the 1901 census, daughter of James and Ann. Allegedly born in Herne Hill, which would come under Lambeth area. I'll be grateful for any help cos she is starting to bug me !!!!!

Tony

Tony Report 13 Sep 2007 15:08

Tina
Thanks for that. I'll have to investigate her.