Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ADOPTION PAPERS

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lady Cutie

Lady Cutie Report 14 Sep 2007 18:29

Hi , is there anyone who could point me in the right
direction please my brother in law wants to send for his adoption papers .
he was adopted in huntingdon Cambridgeshire in 1942 when he was 5yrs old . would he have to get in touch with huntingdon court where the adoption took place
thanks for any help that you can give me.
Hazel

Phyllis

Phyllis Report 14 Sep 2007 18:44

hi Hazel,
1st has he got is birth cert not his adoptive one, that should give hime mothers name and a ref no.
he will then be asked to see a social worker to help him and his family through all the formalities. The social worker has to go to the courts etc for the info.
If you want more details PM me and I will fill you in completely
Phyllis

Geraldine

Geraldine Report 15 Sep 2007 03:08

If you go to www.gro.gov.uk and click into adoptions it will explain the procedure on how your brother in law can apply for his original birth certificate (if he hasn't already got it) and adoption file.
Also, it explains the pre 1975 mandatory counselling that is necessary.
Cheers Gerry

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 23 Feb 2008 00:29

nudge for Daryl