Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help Needed Please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maggie

Maggie Report 14 Sep 2007 19:25

Can anyone help, i'm trying to find my grandfathers wedding to his first wife. His name is gary st claire-johnson, all i know is she was called Doris have no maiden name. Marriage around 1930-1935

Also trying to find her death, approx 1962-1965.

I'm having no luck so if anyone can help would be great.

Mags

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 14 Sep 2007 19:43

Do you have any idea where the marriage or death might have taken place and also how old Doris would be at death?

Was St. Claire part of your grandfather's surname or was it a second forename?

Kath. x

Maggie

Maggie Report 14 Sep 2007 20:31

Hi Kath

i believe the marriage and death took place in the leicester area, but have no idea how old she would have been st claire-johnson was my grandfathers surname

mags

Victoria

Victoria Report 14 Sep 2007 20:37

Hi Mags

Have you located his birth?

Kind Regards

Jane

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 14 Sep 2007 20:40

Do you by any chance have Gary's birth reference? I just wanted to see where they put this name in the alphabetical list.

Kath. x

Maggie

Maggie Report 14 Sep 2007 21:03

I dont have gary's birth as he was born in gibraltar and cant find him

Victoria

Victoria Report 14 Sep 2007 21:09

When was he supposedd ot have been born?

Victoria

Victoria Report 14 Sep 2007 21:14

I have checked 1926 to 1940 with no luck. Do you know when he and his wife died and can you locate the deaths?

Maggie

Maggie Report 14 Sep 2007 21:14

He was born in 1900 or 1901 in Gib

Maggie

Maggie Report 14 Sep 2007 21:19

oh i'm sorry i just remembered my dad said it was st clair-johnson without the e

Victoria

Victoria Report 14 Sep 2007 21:36

Hi Maggie,

I checked both St clair and st claire nothing with Johnson at all. Gary is rather an absurd name for 1900, I always think of that as a relatively new name

Jane

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 14 Sep 2007 21:50

There are 72 Gary's on the 1901 census on Ancestry and 35 on the 1841 census, so it's not a new name.

Kath. x

Victoria

Victoria Report 14 Sep 2007 21:57

Just an idea, can you not get a copy of your parent's birth certificate as this will have doris's maiden name on it and will help you progress.

All the best

Jane

Maggie

Maggie Report 14 Sep 2007 22:13

no afriad cant get that as doris wasn't my fathers mother it was the my grandfathers first wife.

Not to worry but thanks for all your help all.
Had enough for one day

Mags

Victoria

Victoria Report 14 Sep 2007 22:51

Did she have any children with Gary St Clair(e)-Johnson because if she did you could order a copy of his/her birth certificate to find it out?

Do you know for definate that they married over here?

Kind Regards

Jane

Steph

Steph Report 14 Sep 2007 23:12

I have found this death

Apr-May-Jun 1977
Robert George St Clairej-ohnson
dob 24 Nov 1931
Leicester C, 6, 2115

That is how it is shown.

I can't find his birth. So if he is anything to do with Gary maybe they weren't married over here.

Steph