Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

scottish research

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Alan

Alan Report 17 Sep 2007 17:27

.as we should all know genes' is no use for scottish research but if you get in touch with a scottish registrars office they should be able to do a lot for you @£15 per hour example I pay £100 and they've got one branch back to 1790, a prteey good starting point at a reasonable cost don't you think

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 17 Sep 2007 17:29

As an OAP, I think £100 is a lot of money............

Reg

Janet

Janet Report 17 Sep 2007 18:16

Scotlands people is much cheaper. Back to early 1700's on two lines at a cost of about £10. Have seen and downloaded original images for mainly Baps and Marriages. Have obtained other certs at the usual cost of certs, which you would have to pay for anyway. Census I have obtained through Ancestry on their Free days offers.

Janet

Malcolm

Malcolm Report 17 Sep 2007 18:22

Try the SCOTLANDS FAMILY TREE at http://scotfamtree.11.forumer.com/ lots of free help and wonderful people.

Malcolm