Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hot Matches....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

**♥Bagpuss♥**

**♥Bagpuss♥** Report 17 Sep 2007 18:19

Since the new boards set up, when I go into my hotmatches, I have noticed (only just mind!!) that the "allow access to my tree" button is already ticked!!

If I am just discarding the match would it still give that person access to my tree, or would that only be applicable if I sent them a message!!

A bit worrying if all my discarded matches now have access to my tree. I dont think it should be ticked, I reckon you should have to tick the box if you do want to give anyone access!!

Clare x

Danielle-Marie

Danielle-Marie Report 17 Sep 2007 18:22

Hi Clare,

Someone doesn't automatically recieve access to your tree if you just click on their hot match. This only applys if you actually send them a message. :)

Danielle-Marie xx

**♥Bagpuss♥**

**♥Bagpuss♥** Report 17 Sep 2007 18:27

Thanks, I didnt think it would happen, I just wanted to make sure tho....!!!

Clare x