Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Coal miners and railway workers

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pauline

Pauline Report 18 Sep 2007 08:34

Hi, just wondered if anyone knows of any good sites regarding name lists of coal miners and accidents within the mines? Family tell me my gt gt grandfather had a mining accident but unfortunaty thats all I know. Also looking for sites regarding railway workers,can anyone help please?
any thanks
Pauline

Whitenancy

Whitenancy Report 18 Sep 2007 08:36

what part of the country i have i site for durham area

ChristineinPortugal

ChristineinPortugal Report 18 Sep 2007 09:05

Hi Pauline,

I have this one

http://www.cmhrc.co.uk/

Christine

Pauline

Pauline Report 18 Sep 2007 09:10

Thanks for your help. the area for both the miners and Railway workers would be Staffordshire. I will try the site you have given me Christine.
Thankyou both
Pauline

Heather

Heather Report 18 Sep 2007 09:59

I believe industrial accident records are at Kew - have a look on the National Archives site.

Oh and have a google for info - try using the date of the accident etc and area and names - it could turn up in a local paper archives - talking of which, the local records office may well have info on industrial accidents in their area.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 18 Sep 2007 10:31

You can look on the Black Sheep Index. That has a list of people in accidents on both the railway and in mines.

Just Google for the address.

Kath. x

Pauline

Pauline Report 18 Sep 2007 11:22

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate your help. Will take a look at the sites.Pauline x