Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What is a Blog??

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 18 Sep 2007 23:29

I have heard people mention this but what is it??

Betty

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 18 Sep 2007 23:32

Think it is some kind of diary but frankly do not have a clue.

Maureen

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 18 Sep 2007 23:35

Hi Maureen,

I don't have a clue either, I have heard people mention Blog regarding photographs.

Betty

HelenBrissie

HelenBrissie Report 18 Sep 2007 23:47

Hi Betty

Blog is short for weblog. A weblog is a journal (or newsletter) that is frequently updated and intended for general public consumption. Blogs generally represent the personality of the author or the Web site.

info compliments of Google.

cheerio Helen

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 18 Sep 2007 23:54

Not the type of thing I would be interested in.

Maureen

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 19 Sep 2007 01:01

Hi Helen and Maureen,

I thought it was something to do with storeing pictures. I must have got it completely wrong sorry.
Wonder what the picture thing is then?

Betty

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 19 Sep 2007 10:55

Just google the word..........as with any queries, google should be your first call.

Reg

agingrocker

agingrocker Report 19 Sep 2007 21:40

I think a blog is a website within another website. I remember looking on a Scottish site a while ago, I can't remember which one, but the main site is called for example IsleofSkye.com, then individuals can design their own pages within the main site.

On the site I was looking at, ex residents had diaries which they regularly updated so their old friends could see what they were up to now.

Duncan