Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Adoption Advice Needed Please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

TracyofLincoln

TracyofLincoln Report 22 Sep 2007 18:56

my mother in law was adopted as a baby and we are trying to find her mother....i have located a possible match...dates and place fit...however her name is in someone elses tree...and im concerned that the tree owner is her son and may therefore be totally unaware that his mother had a child adopted...i would like to send a general email and enquire but i dont want to destroy peoples lives in the process...and i have no idea what to write and whether i should even send an email???? ...also maybe i should put a post asking for anyone who may know the lady in question...without putting details???

this is very delicate...but i really am desperate...my hubby would love dearly to know his roots...any advice greatly appreciated

tracy

Sheila

Sheila Report 22 Sep 2007 19:18

Hi

Do you know your mother in laws grandparents names? you could say then your looking for the daughter of ......, normally I would try and confirm if this is the right person by looking for a marriage for her after your m-i-l's birth, if you know her new surname after marriage then you could look to see if her son has the same surname, what have you got to go on pm the details, don't put them on this thread in case he or other members of the family read it.

Sheila

TracyofLincoln

TracyofLincoln Report 22 Sep 2007 20:21

pm'd u sheila