Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Just curious ...

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

.•:*:•.Scouser*NANNA*Lyn.•:*:•.

.•:*:•.Scouser*NANNA*Lyn.•:*:•. Report 23 Sep 2007 23:14

... How do the first two threads on this board have a pin in them to keep them at the top? A very good idea me thinks but who put it there, GR or the posters?

I know curiosity killed the cat but I'm interested.

Lyn x

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 23 Sep 2007 23:21

I should think that GR did it otherwise everyone would be doing it to their own threads.

Maureen

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 23 Sep 2007 23:24

Lyn,

the pin (also known as a Stickie) is put there by GR.

Usually a Stickie is a thread put on by the site with necessary information, and often cannot be posted on by the members.

In this case, several members started a number of these "helpful" threads, and we kept nudging them up to the top. The rationale for starting them was that there are ALWAYS newbies asking the same questions over and over again.

After GR reorganised the boards in mid-August, one member asked GR if it would be possible to make stickies out of these help threads .............. and they put the pins in two of them.

Does that answer your question?

Sylvia

.•:*:•.Scouser*NANNA*Lyn.•:*:•.

.•:*:•.Scouser*NANNA*Lyn.•:*:•. Report 24 Sep 2007 17:55

Certainly does Sylvia and what a fab idea! Plenty of advice for newbies so well done GR for getting this thing right!

Lyn x