Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Scotland - SORTED

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 24 Sep 2007 12:18

Hi all, most of my dads family are all Scottish and I am finding it really hard to find any info on anyone.

Does anyone have any tips? I know I can't reasearth them on GR but if anyone else knows a decent site that would be great.

Ta x

Kate

Kate Report 24 Sep 2007 13:04

Scotlands people is a great site, it costs £6 for 30 credits, 1 credit to search and 5 credits to view, you can print off extracts of bmds from 1855 onwards. and opr from 1500s to 1854. site addy is www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, You have to register.

Kate

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 24 Sep 2007 13:17

Thanks Kate will look into that site,

x

Krissie

Krissie Report 24 Sep 2007 14:46

This is also an excellent site:

http://scotfamtree.11.forumer.com

Lots of useful information and helpful people who will do look-ups for you.
It costs nothing to register and use the basic parts of the site.

This is a similar one too:

www.talkingscot.com

Debbie

Debbie Report 26 Sep 2007 12:31

I use ScotlandsPeople and find it a very good site. With this site you get to see a copy of the birth / marriage / Death record and Scottish records contain more information - like mothers maiden on marriage records - much more than English records.

Well worth buying the credits and taking a look

Debbie

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 27 Sep 2007 14:43

Thanks to Deborah and Krissie, I will definately have a look at these sites.

Thanks again

Lorraine

X