Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

John Edward Simpson and Jessie

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tina

Tina Report 25 Sep 2007 19:44

I believe my mothers father may be a son of John Edward Simpson and Jessie. John born 1872 and Jessie born 1875, married Paddington 1890. 1901 living at 19 Kensal Rd. Paddington. Children were Herbert William 1892?, Walter C 1894, Ruby Gwendoline 1896, Arthur J 1901 and Sidney 1898 .
Please is there anyone out there that has any connections to this family or knows of them, I'm desperate to find out more , I am beginning to think on my own on this one.
Grateful of any info. I have date of birth for all children. I may have located marriages for some of them. What I really need is for someonre to be connected to this family (descendant) who can confirm the Herbert William is my mothers father. He may have married in his 20's but in 1937 he was living at 14 Huntsworth Terrace St Marylebone. He had 4 children registered in his name and the mother was Mary Veronica Diemer. She died following the birth of their 4th child on her death certificate his is named as her employer, she was his housekeeper. I have linked Herbert to my mother purely through a link of occupations, John was a mattress maker and Herbert employment on my mothers birth certificate is mattress maker On none of the documents and because they didnt marry appears a date of birth so he still remains unconfirmed as the right Herbert William, there were several born between 1892 and 1912.

Carrie

Carrie Report 25 Sep 2007 20:50

This looks like the correct Herbert, if you decide to send for the certificate you can always ask for a check of the details ie: Father called John and his profession.

if the details don't fit you don't get an un-needed certificate, you also get a refund of £3

Births Sep 1892 (>99%)

Simpson Herbert William Marylebone 1a 611

All the best
Carrie

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 25 Sep 2007 21:56

Have you tried putting any of the names into the quick search boxes at the top of the page to see if anyone else on Genes has these people in their tree?

If you find the names in someone's tree you can send a message to that person direct.

Kath. x